Dear Fisherman’s Friend StrongmanRunner!
Countdown for the premiere of the Fisherman’s Friend StrongmanRun Ferropolis 2014 is running. Only a few days and the clock is ticking fast. Here you’ll find the most important information of the strongest race of all times in Ferropolis – the Fisherman’s Friend StrongmanRun 2014. Please READ, LEARN BY HEART AND SHARE! Und keep in mind: We will add these information regularly. So always check twice.
Hand out of starter kits
The hand out of the starter kits will be held on Friday, 29th of August from 12.00 until 9.00 pm and on Saturday, 30th of August, from 07.30 until 11.30am at the Orangerie. Please try to pick up your stuff on Friday to prevent long waiting times on Saturday. Please bring your passport or at least a copy of your passport to pick up your starter kit. The Orangery will be signposted.
The exact address is
Ferropolis Str. 1, 06773 Gräfenhainichen
Starting signal will be on Saturday, 30th of August 12 o’clock!
You are allowed to access the track from 8am and have a look at the obstacles.
And here is a quick summary of all important advices
1. Please read the Announcement
2.Please read the frequently asked questions – our FAQs
Please try to arrive on Friday, travelling on Saturday is a lot of hassle! HERE you can find ride shares.
There are plenty parking areas around the event area. Please follow the instructions of our parking supervisors and signs. The parking fee is 3 Euro per car for the entire weekend.
Who wants to sleep directly at the event area can stay at the campsite and book the Ferropolis camping ticket with the registration. Costs 20€ per person from Friday – Sunday (29.-31.08.2014). Deadline for online booking is August 24th. If you have registered already you can still book the campsite. Just log in with your log in data and book it as additional service (only possible until 24th of August online). If you want to book the campsite at the event weekend, please check the trouble & Infocounter at the Orangerie.
– Booking only possible from Friday until Sunday
– Inkl. Toilettes
– Inkl. Showers (warm water)
– Car can be taken to the tend
– Limited to 4.000 tickets
6. framework programm
There will be a Pre-Run-Party on Friday and a After-Show-Party on Saturday night for all of you. We have cool drinks, bands, DJs, a life sized Tropic Kick football flipper from Fisherman’s Friend and much more to offer. There will be some breakfast booths on Saturdaymorning on the event area (open from 7.30h). Also there is a big supermarket at the entrance of the event area, who offers whatever a sportsman or a camper need.
Pasta Party: Friday from 19.30 – 21.30h at the Orangerie (pelase follow the signs Orangerie/Starterkits)
– Pasta Napoli 5 Euro per portion
– Pasta Bollognese 6,50 Euro per portion
*only as long as supplies last!
7. Track map and all obstacles you can find HERE
8. For the start get yourself set up according your fitness level: The fastest in the first third, the ambitious in the second third and the dressed up in costumes rather in the back. The following things shall not be brought to the start area.
9. Pre/After photos
Our partner sportograf will take photos from all of you. Not only on the track and at the obstacles but also take pre and after portraits from all runners. We will build a big tend in the start area and after the race in the finisher zone. You photos can be ordered HERE.
10. Pre-register HERE without any commitment for Ferropolis 2015. Only with pre-registration you have a chance to get one of the limited starting places and benefit from a better price!
11. Are you on the starter list? If not or if you have any other questions send an Email to the Orga Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last but not least and most important: Have fun, take care of each other and help each other!!!
Write your question here in the blog so everyone can benefit from our answers!
Looking forward seeing you in Ferropolis!!!
Your Fisherman’s Friend StrongmanRun Project Team